YOUR KENTUCKY DERBY HOTEL
your Kentucky Derby stay!
KENTUCKY DERBY HOTEL
Scratch the Derby off of your bucket list with a stay at the Galt House Hotel.
The official hotel of America’s longest running sporting event, the Galt House is an immersive Kentucky Derby travel experience. It’s the hotel of choice for hall-of-fame jockeys, celebrities, Derby fashionistas and VIPs.
Bourbon aficionados and foodies will love what’s new to the Galt House for Derby 2022 – Walker’s Exchange an American Brasserie and the new Jockey Silks Bourbon Bar.
Located within walking distance of the Urban Bourbon Trail, the Belle of Louisville, downtown dining, 4th Street Live! and many more downtown Louisville attractions, the Galt House is in the center of Legendary Louisville.
*All Kentucky Derby Hotel Packages require full prepayment of room(s) at the time of booking with a major credit card number. 3 night minimum, May 6 – May 8, 2022. All prepayments are non-refundable. A $50 per night hold will be placed on your credit card to guarantee any and all charges to your account at time of check in. It may take your bank up to ten (10) business days to return these funds to your account after your departure. Kentucky Oaks and Kentucky Derby event tickets are NOT included with the hotel packages. For more information about event tickets, please visit the Kentucky Derby or Churchill Downs websites. This offer does not apply to group rooms.
CALL TO THE POST PARTY
Located on the 3RD floor west tower
Archibald Cochran, conservatory, pool deck and mezzanine
- To include complimentary hors d’oeuvres, beer, wine and specialty cocktails
- Wine tastings (Jackson family wines)
- Bourbon tasting Brands (Michters, Woodford, Old Forester)
- Bow tie station
- Restaurant reservation station
- Handicapping station
- Food stations featuring Swizzle and Walker’s exchange
- Cigar station. Located on the mezzanine
- Dye hard fan supply for all derby needs
Galt House Derby 148 package includes:
- Three night stay
- Call to the Post Party on Thursday – mix and mingle with winning jockeys and legendary locals while enjoying live entertainment, hors d’oeuvres, and drinks.
- Complimentary covered self-parking.
- In-room special gift.
- Easy access to downtown attractions, including the Urban Bourbon Trail, 4th Street Live!, museums and dining.
HONORING THE ATHLETES THAT CONTROL THE REINS
Unveiled in May 2005, “Gallop to Glory” honors the jockeys who have won the Kentucky Derby™. Similar to Hollywood’s “Walk of Fame,” all living Kentucky Derby™-winning jockeys have been invited to preserve their handprints and signatures at Galt House® Hotel, the official Host Hotel for the Kentucky Derby™.
Each year, the handprints of the newest Derby-winning rider are added alongside unique roses made of steel created by Craig Kaviar. “Gallop to Glory” is located at the main entrance of the SUITE Tower.
- Joel Rosario, 2013, Orb
- Mario Gutierrez, 2012, I’ll Have Another (to be inducted)
- John Valazquez, 2011, Animal Kingdom
- Calvin Borel, 2010, Super Saver; 2009, Mine That Bird; 2007, Street Sense
- Edgar Prado, 2006, Barbaro
- Mike Smith, 2005, Giacomo
- Stewart Elliott, 2004, Smarty Jones
- Jose Santos, 2003, Funny Cide
- Victor Espinoza, 2002, War Emblem; 2014, California Chrome
- Jorge Chavez, 2001, Monarchos
- Kent Desormeaux, 2008, Big Brown; 2000, Fusaichi Pegasus; 1998, Real Quiet
- Gary Stevens, 1997, Silver Charm; 1995, Thunder Gulch; 1988, Winning Colors
- Jerry Bailey, 1996, Grindstone; 1993, Sea Hero
- Chris McCarron, 1994, Go for Gin; 1987, Alysheba
- Pat Day, 1992, Lil E. Tee
- Craig Perrett, 1990, Unbridled
- Patrick Valenzuela, 1989, Sunday Silence
- Angel Cordero, 1985, Spend a Buck
- Laffit Pincay, 1984, Swale
- Jorge Velasquez, 1981, Pleasant Colony
- Jacinto Vasquez, 1980, Genuine Risk
- Ron Franklin, 1979, Spectacular Bid
- Steve Cauthen, 1978, Affirmed*
- Jean Cruguet, 1977, Seattle Slew*
- Ron Turcotte, 1973, Secretariat*
- Gustavo Avila, 1971, Canonero II
- Mike Manganello, 1970, Dust Commander
- Ismael “Milo” Valenzuela, 1968, Forward Pass; 1958, Tim Tam
- Bill Ussery, 1967, Proud Clarion
- Don Brumfield, 1966, Kauai King
- Braulio Baeza, 1963, Chateaugay
- John Sellers, 1961, Carry Back
- Dave Erb, 1956, Needles
- Ray York, 1954, Determine
- William Boland, 1950, Middleground
- Ira Hanford, 1936, Bold Venture
*Denotes Triple Crown Winner