Heavenly Freedom in Bourbon City Sweepstakes
The Galt House Hotel and Evan Williams® Bourbon have partnered to provide you and a hero in your life with the ultimate weekend in Louisville. Nominate yourself or a hero through our Heavenly Freedom in Bourbon City Sweepstakes below or text 1783 to 888111 to enter the Sweepstakes.
Share your information by nominating a hero or yourself for a chance to win.
Enter your contact information and the name of your
nominee, then share their story with the hashtag #youdeservebourbon
- Submit one online form per entry. Only one entry per person. Entrants must be 21+ years of age.
- No Purchase Necessary
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to anyone age 21 or older in the Continental United States. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Galt House Hotel, 140 North Fourth Street, Louisville, Kentucky 40204 (the “Galt House” ). Employees and representatives of Sponsors, The Al J. Schneider Company and AJS Hotels, prize providers, advertising partners (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities"), their distributors, contractors, agents, or any of the participating sponsors, and the subsidiaries, affiliates and parent companies of such entities and the members of the immediate families or household of such individuals are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.
- NON REDEEMABLE / NON TRANSFERABLE PRIZE: This prize is not redeemable for cash or stays at other AJS Hotels or restaurants.
- STAY IS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND BLACK OUT DATES: Three-night stay is subject to hotel availability. Black out dates apply.
- TAXES AND GRATUITY: Taxes and gratuity are NOT included.
- CONSENT TO USE IMAGE: By accepting a prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice and biographical material for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or a party designated by Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter known including but not limited to, any online announcements, or for sharing this information with the press for viewing, whether TV or print, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants agree that the conditions of submission set forth in these Official Rules, and all documents and agreements incorporated in these Official Rules by reference, solely govern the relationship between entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. Entrants agree that any and all disputes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kentucky
- DATES OF SWEEPSTAKES: Contest begins on Thursday July 9, 2020, at 12 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and ends on Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Saving Time
- PRIZES: Three night stay at The Galt House Hotel, two tickets to the Evan Williams® Bourbon Experience, a shuttle tour of local distilleries, a $50 restaurant credit, free breakfast for two at Walker’s Exchange at the Galt House Hotel.
- Winners will be announced on social media channels for The Galt House Hotel and Evan Williams® Bourbon Experience social profiles.
- HOW PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED: Winners will be contacted by email and phone to make arrangements for a three free night reservation. Tickets to Evan Williams® Bourbon Experience will be provided at arrival.
EVAN WILLIAMS KY TRIP SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES for Text Message, Online and Mail-In
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. NO CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY IF ENTERING VIA MOBILE DEVICE.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Promotion begins on Thursday, July 9th at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends Wednesday, September 2nd at 11:59 PM ET (“Promotion Period”), and is designed to give eligible entrants the opportunity to win Prizes in accordance with these Official Rules. There are two ways to enter.
- Text Message and Online: Using an SMS-enabled mobile device, an entrant must send a text message stating 1783 to the short code 888111. Once the text message is received, the entrant will be sent a reply text message asking the entrant to visit a link online to complete submission of his/her entry with an e-mail address, full name, postal code for state of residence, gender, and date of birth. Upon receipt of all information including valid state, date of birth, and the Keyword, an entrant will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Text Message Entry”). Only Text Message Entries to the Short Code combined with completion of the online form will be accepted as a valid Entry. A complete Text Message and Online Entry must be received by Sponsor or its authorized designee within the Sweepstakes Period. NOTE: Proof of text message submission does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of the text message.IMPORTANT: By texting the Keyword to the Short Code, you are consenting to receive up to five (5) reply text messages per entry regarding the Promotion. Consent is not a condition of entry. Your submission of the online form is your electronic signature agreeing to these Official Rules and to giving electronic written consent. Participants must have a mobile phone with text messaging capabilities to enter by text message. Participants entering this Promotion via text message may incur a standard text message charge from their wireless service provider for each message sent and received. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. A participant may, at any time, choose to not receive further text messages by sending an opt-out text message stating “STOP” to the Short Code. If a participant sends an opt-out text message, he/she will be sent a reply text message, which will confirm that he/she has been unsubscribed and will receive no further text messages. For help, text the word “HELP” to the Short Code. Each Text Message Entry must be manually key-stroked/entered by the entrant.
- Mail-in: An eligible entrant may hand write his/her complete name (no initials), valid email address, street address (P.O. Boxes not accepted), city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, the Keyword, and date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY) on a 3½” x 5” card (“Mail-In Entry”) and mail it with sufficient postage to: Evan Williams KY Trip Promotion Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 563, Bardstown, KY 40004 to be postmarked within the Promotion Period and received within 7 days after the end of the Promotion Period. Each Mail-In Entry must be mailed separately in a hand-addressed, stamped envelope. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, stolen, postage-due or misdirected mail. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Mail-In Entries must be legibly hand written. Mechanical reproductions, postage-due Mail-In Entries, or Mail-In Entries sent in excess of the entry limit set forth below will not be accepted. Mail-In Entries received without a verifiable and legible return address will be deemed incomplete and not valid entries.
Limit one (1) entry per person/account per day during the Promotion Period, regardless of method of entry.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, all of which are void. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized individual account holder of the account associated with the winning entry. It is solely the responsibility of the participant to notify Sponsor in writing if he/she changes his or her mobile phone number or contact information during the Promotion Period. Proof of submitting an entry does not constitute proof of delivery or entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to participant. Use of multiple phone numbers, email addresses and/or mailing addresses, and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of entries, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified, and all entries deemed invalid and any prize won shall be forfeited. Sponsor’s computer is the official Promotion clock. Message and data rates may apply for entries submitted via mobile devices.
- ENTRY PERIODS: For purposes of this Promotion, there will be four (4) bi-weekly entry periods (each and “Entry Period”) in which one (1) prize winner will be selected per Entry Period, subject to the number of Submissions (defined above) received per Entry Period. Each Entry Period will start at 12:00 AM EST on the first day of the Entry Period and end at 11:59:59 PM EST on the last day of the Entry Period as outlined in the Entry Period chart below. All entries must be submitted during this time period in order to be included for that Entry Period’s judging. ALL NON-WINNING ELIGIBLE ENTRIES FROM THE PREVIOUS ENTRY PERIOD(S) WILL CARRY OVER TO SUBSEQUENT ENTRY PERIODS.
- RANDOM DRAWING(S): Winners will be selected in a random bi-weekly drawing from all eligible entries received during each Entry Period during the Promotion Period. Drawing(s) will be conducted by Sponsor’s representative or designee, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Potential winner(s) will be contacted by mail, phone or email, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and will be asked to confirm or provide the necessary information (such as first and last name, email address, mailing address, and/or phone number) to Sponsor.
Random Drawing Date
7/9/2020 – 7/22/2020
7/23/2020 – 8/5/2020
8/6/2020 – 8/19/2020
8/20/2020 – 9/2/2020
- PRIZE(S): There will be four (4) Prize(s), each consisting of reservations for one (1) double occupancy room for two (2) nights at the Galt House, Breakfast for two (2) at Walker’s Exchange, Dinner for two (2) at Swizzle Dinner & Drinks, two (2) tickets to the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience, and a shuttle to Bardstown daily. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize: $550.00. Total ARV of all Prizes: $2200.00. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Any Prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Prize is not transferable. Taxes on Prize are sole responsibility of winner. No Prize substitutions or cash redemptions allowed, except by Sponsor, who may substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the Prize or any component thereof for any reason. Entry into this Promotion constitutes entrant’s agreement to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Potential Prize winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release within 72 hours following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. In the event that any prize notification message is returned as undeliverable or if no response to the prize notification message is received within the time period stated or if the potential winner is found ineligible or does not comply with these Official Rules, the Prize may, in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected at random from among remaining eligible entries. If the confirmed winner forfeits the Prize for any reason after confirmation, no alternate winner will be selected. In no event will more than four (4) Prize(s) be awarded. If, for any reason, more than one (1) prize notification is sent (or more than one (1) claim is received) per prize, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize through a random drawing from among all eligible prize claims received. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Each potential winner may be subject to a background check before the prize is awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a potential winner based on the results of such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the Prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on the Sponsor. By accepting Prize, each entrant agrees to allow Sponsor the right to use his/her name, photo and likeness, voice recording, video images and all related footage, and statements for Promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide including but not limited to television (including live television), radio, Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
- RELEASE: By participating in the Promotion, entrants and winners agree to release Sponsor, participating vendors (if any), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Promotion or with respect to awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Prize. The Released Parties not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of the prize. An entrant may be prohibited from participating in this Promotion if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, Released Parties, or associated agencies or entities.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Kentucky or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Promotion by any entrant concerning identity, postal address, telephone number, ownership of right or noncompliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Promotion.
- WAIVER: Entrants hereby waive all rights to: (i) claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket costs; and (ii) have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- LIMIT OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion via mobile phone or otherwise. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, act of God, or any other causes which corrupt or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof at any time, and for any reason without further obligation or advance notice. Sponsor reserves the right, but does not have any obligation, to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or acts in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any associated website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
- SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For a copy of the winners’ list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by December 3rd, 2020 to Heaven Hill Sales Co., P.O. Box 563, Bardstown, KY 40004, Attention Evan Williams KY Trip Winner's List Request.
- SPONSOR: Heaven Hill Sales Co., 1064 Loretto Rd., Bardstown, KY 40004.